Day 1, Bangkok / Chumporn (-/-/-)
Late afternoon transfer to the railway station for the overnight train to Chumphon departing at approximately 19.00.
Day 2, Chumporn / Ko Tao (-/-/-)
Arrive Chumporn at approximately 04.30 and then transfer by bus and boat to Ko Tao. Arrive at about 10.00 and check in to the bungalow accommodation. The rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 – 6, Ko Tao (B/-/-)
Commence diving course.
2 – 3 Days, theory self study based,
3 core dives:
2 Elective Dives, to choose from
Search & Recovery
Day 7, Ko Tao / Chumporn / Bangkok (B/-/-)
Morning free for relaxation. Transfer to the pier for the afternoon ferry to Chumporn departing at 15.00. Arrive at 17.30 and transfer to the railway station. Time to explore the town until the departure of the night train to Bangkok at approximately 21.30.
Day 8, Bangkok (-/-/-)
Arrive Bangkok at approximately 06.30.
Termination of the tour.
Depart daily, year round (except November until mid of December).
Good during mid of December – October. During mid of October until December, it is monsoon season on the east coast however, as Ko Tao has almost 30 diving sites and the island itself act as a shelter, divers can still dive either sides around the island. There might be a few days when the boat Chumporn to Ko Tao might not operate and in that case, we have to reroute the trip via Ko Samui instead. This can be checked only a few days prior to departure day. Kindly advise clients who arrival during those period to contact our office as soon as they arrive Thailand to check the situation.
Price: Please refer to ’Adventures in Thailand..09..Rate.xls’ file for prices
Services included in the price:
• Transfers Bangkok by air-conditioned transport. Non air-conditioned transportation or pick up truck for round-trip transfer will be used in Ko Tao.
• Hotel accommodation throughout the tour is standard hotels based on 2 persons in twin bedded room, B/B basis. All rooms are fanned with attached bath and toilet.
• Round-trip ferry crossing.
• Round-trip 2nd class air-conditioned train with sleeper between Bangkok and Chomporn.
• Diving advances Open-Water course including diving equipment (SSI Certificate).
Services not included in the price:
• Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
• Tips for guide & drivers.
• Diving book. Those who required PADI certificate will need to buy compulsory PADI dive book at an additional cost directly to the dive shop.
• Personal expenses.